- Applicants must be citizens or PRs of the following Asian countries, excluding Singapore:
(including Hong Kong and Macau)
- Sri Lanka
- Applicants must be able to speak, read and write in English, or possess a 5.5 score in IELTS, 500 in TOFEL or ESS certification level 5
- Applicants must be a high school diploma holder or above.
- Applicants must have already completed or be exempted from compulsory military service in their countries (if applicable).
- Applicants must be citizens or PRs of Singapore.
- Applicant must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Applicants must have a minimum of ‘N’ Levels, or have obtained the equivalent in the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) Workforce Skills Qualifications Employability Skills System (WSQ-ESS) Workplace Literacy and Numeracy modules.
- Singaporean males must have already completed or be completely exempted from National Service.
Scholars will attend the WSQ Diploma Programme in Culinary Arts (WSQ-DCA) at At-Sunrice under full tuition. The course is a 17-month professional training programme which will impart basic skills and knowledge of culinary craft and service in Eastern & Western cuisines through theory, practical workshops and immersion in the rich and diverse heritage of culture of food.
As part of the course, the recipient will secure 12 months of professional kitchen experience with an apprenticeship at one production site for the duration of the programme. Combining weekly work and study rotations, the WSQ DCA course includes 2 days of classroom education and 4 days of kitchen apprenticeship per week from Term 2 to Term 5. The scholar will also receive an allowance over the course of his or her apprenticeship. Scholars who perform outstandingly well will get the chance to work at a prestigious international dining establishment upon graduation.
Please refer to the At-Sunrice website for more information on the programme curriculum.